Sunday, September 23, 2012

Macie Update

I was able to call Dr. Voyles.  He said to reassure her and to give her Mylanta twice a day for her belly issues.  If she still had major issues in two weeks, to call back.

Since I last blogged about Macie's tantrums and worries, things have gotten better.  She has still been challenging, but we haven't had any major tantrums.  She has continued talking about heaven and death on a regular basis.  She also talks a lot about Gavin and his issues.  I knew that she needed to speak with someone.  Thankfully, Father Burns agreed to meet with us.  Macie and I went to church by ourselves this morning and then met with Father for a little chat.  Macie and I had talked about it before and she was ready.  When Father was talking, Macie was super quiet and serious, but I knew that she was taking it all in.  After, it was funny because as soon as the "serious" talk was over, she couldn't wait to tell him we were going to Target to buy a new headband because Gavin broke her other one.  He started laughing.  Hopefully, it will be helpful for Macie and she won't be freaked out all of the time!

No comments: