Monday, September 3, 2012

Four

Four...that's the number of funeral homes I've been to in the last month.  That is not normal.  My Aunt Nancy lost her battle with cancer on Friday morning.  The funeral was this weekend. 
The last month of my life has been pure hell.  There is no other way to describe it.  We've lost Brian's papaw, my Uncle Dan, my Aunt Nancy, and our good friend, John, lost his grandmother.  I was also helping to care for Aunt Nancy, so I spent some evenings there.  We've been to Riley twice in the last month.  During that time we've gotten a diagnosis, Gavin's had surgery, and we are waiting for results from his ultrasounds.  On top of all of that, I started school. 
Typically, Brian and I eat dinner almost every night with the kids.  We spend a lot of time with them and taking care of them.  This month has not been the case.  The kids have have been shuffled from place to place and with one parent or the other.  I feel so badly for them.
I'm literally making myself sick.  I don't sleep well at night, I have back aches and head aches, and my stomach is a mess.  I feel like I'm losing my mind.  I will feel much better when we find out the results from Gavin's ultrasounds next week. 
Hopefully, our life can slow down and we can start to regain some normalcy.  Please pray for my sanity...I'm on the verge of a major breakdown!!     

No comments: