Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sleep Over at Parker's

Aunt Nancy's funeral was on Saturday and Sunday.  Aunt Beth called and offered to keep Gavin for us.  I was so relieved.  I wasn't thrilled about leaving him, but I knew he would be in good hands.  I felt so guilty not being with him the day after his surgery, but he was doing well and seemed to feel fine as long as we gave him his medicine.  I didn't want to take him to Sturgis because if the girls saw us, it would be really hard on them. 

Brian went to work in the morning for a few hours, so I took Gavin to Parker's house.  He was so excited to have his first sleep over with Parker.  I thought he may be sad when I left, but he wasn't at all.  We got a good report about Gavin's behavior!  He had a blast with his cousin and I hope that they are able to do this again soon!  I know Aunt Beth took some pictures, so when she blogs them, I will steal them!

On the way home, I had a complete and total breakdown.  I was crying so hard I could barely breathe.  I was finally able to release it all.  I went home, got myself ready, and headed to my parents' house so I wouldn't have to be alone.  We ate lunch there before heading to the funeral home.  The next few days were long, but it was nice to know that our babies were well taken care of!   

No comments: