Monday, September 24, 2012

Boy or Girl?

Sunday afternoon, we went over to Rachel and Eric's house to find out if they are having a boy or a girl.  Rachel, Eric, and Anya found out first, but wanted to share the news with a few friends and family members.  We each had to vote and put on a clothespin (pink for girl, blue for boy).  Gavin picked boy and the rest of us picked girl.  He was cute because he stood in a picture with all of the other people who voted boy.  There were pink and blue snacks to eat.
Once everyone had voted, we each picked a cookie or cakeball that had the right color inside.  We all took a bite and found out that it was a......
BOY!!!! 
I was wrong, but actually happy that I was wrong.  I was hoping that they would have a boy since they already had a girl.  We brought them a few gifts.  We got the baby a pack of diapers because no matter what the gender, they would need them.  Macie also got Anya a big sister book.  She wrote her a note that said, "Anya, Being a "Big Sister" is hard work, but you'll be great!  Love, Macie".  After the reveal, we hung out for a while.  I'm happy for the Maurers and can't wait to meet the new addition in March!  
I didn't take many pictures because I was busy talking and chasing kids, but I got these cute ones!


No comments: