Sunday, July 1, 2012

Library Chains

This summer, I signed the kids up for the Summer Reading Program at the library for the first time.  I planned to only sign Macie up, but ended up signing Gavin too when I took him for his storytime.  I loved doing the Summer Reading Program as a child, so it is awesome for me to do the same with my kids.  This year, the theme has to do with nocturnal animals.  If you check out a book from the Central Library, they give you a chain with an animal tag.  Every different library that you visit gives you a different animal tag.  Both kids now have a chain and three tags.  We've visited McCollough, Red Bank, and Central.  The animals we've collected are an owl, butterfly, and skunk.  The kids are so proud of their chains and Macie even took hers to Miss Julie's to show it off.  Gavin broke his within a half hour of having it, but that's typical!



No comments: