Friday, July 6, 2012

Sleeping In

I like sleep and I love to sleep in.  Before kids, I used to sleep in over the summer until 9 or 10 unless I had something I really needed to do.  My kids do not understand what the term "sleeping in" means.  They are up between 5:30 and 6:00 every morning!  That is WAY too early!  In fact, if they are still in bed at 6:30, we are worried something is wrong.  During the school year they need to be up this early, but on weekends and during the summer they don't.  They go to bed around 7, which is kind of early, but if we let them stay up, they start melting.  Plus, they still won't sleep in.  They get up at the same time and then are grumpy so we pay for it.  It is so frustrating because I struggle first thing in the morning.  They wake up bouncing off the walls and all I want to do is go back to bed.  I'll probably regret wishing they would sleep in when they are teenagers and I can't get them out of bed!

In other news, Lilah is, for the most part, sleeping through the night!  She no longer eats at night.  In fact, she has her last feeding around 6 and goes to bed the same time as the other two!  She still cries sometimes.  We try to let her cry it out, but if she gets too upset, we go in there and give her a pap again. This has been a very nice change for us.  We are getting more sleep, although a solid night without any interruptions would be nice.  It is weird to have all of them in bed at the same time, but great, too.  Brian and I actually get a bit of time to watch our shows, do things around the house, and talk!

No comments: