Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Macie's Day Take 5

Today, I spent the day with Macie.  We had a busy day!  We did several pages in her work books, colored, practiced using scissors, played games, and played with play dough.  We also went to Oaklyn library, to McCollough library for her "program" and to Walmart.  We napped together in my bed, which is something she loves to do.  She even helped me set the table for dinner.  I let her practice using a "big girl" cup, aka one without a lid, and she was so excited.  Spending time with her makes me realize how fast she is growing up. 
Two moments from the day stood out: First, we were at McCollough library waiting for her program to start and she asked to do a puzzle.  She decided to work on an ABC one.  She took out all of the pieces and scattered them around.  Then, she started putting them in.  The cutest part was that she did it in alphabetical order.  She kept singing the song over and over every time she would lose her place.  It cracked me up.
The second thing was when we were eating lunch.  I had finished and started humming to myself and dancing around being silly.  Macie said, "But there is no song on".  I started laughing and told her I didn't need to hear music.  That I was singing and dancing to the song in my head and that she should do it, too.  Macie thought that was the funniest thing and it led to a dance party in the kitchen.  We would stop for a bit and then Macie would ask to do it again.  We just laughed and laughed.  That was such a fun, and freeing, moment with my big girl!
 We had never been to Oaklyn library before, so she had to check out the toys and books there.







She made this iguana at her story time.

No comments: