Monday, July 2, 2012

Gavin's Day Take 5

Today was Gavin's day.  We had to move it from Wednesday because that is the 4th of July.  Gavin and I started our day with therapy.  After therapy, we headed to visit my Aunt Jennifer.  She had surgery on her ankle last week.  We brought her some cards made by the kids and zucchini muffins.  Gavin was happy to play with her grandson, Dylan, but he was also a little shy and reserved. He did warm up as time went on.  Our next stop was Kipplee's to meet Grandpa for lunch. 
After lunch, we went to Riecken shoe store.  We picked out a pair of shoes for Gavin.  While we were there, I learned something interesting.  Gavin's right foot is bigger than his left foot.  But, his right foot is narrower than his left foot.  We were able to buy him the same size shoe though because he needed the left shoe to be a little big to be able to fit the lift. The man who helped us was nice and meant well, but he was a little wierd.  It all worked out though and we left with a pair of shoes that only cost $43.  That is a lot to pay for a 2 year olds shoes, but not as bad as I'd mentally prepared myself for! 
It was pretty late, so we headed home for a nap.  Gavin didn't fall asleep so I went ahead and took him out for our next adventures.  Our first stop was Riverside Orhotics.  Tom was super nice and fixed up Gavin's shoe with the lift in no time.  Every one in the office thought Gavin was the cutest thing, and I can't say I disagree!  Next, we went to Walgreen's to pick up the picture thank you for Leah and I let Gavin get a bubble set.  It cost a total of 75 cents, so I figured I could splurge!  Our final stop on our day was Lic's.  I was finally able to take him to get his free ice cream from the reading program.  He got chocolate again.  I am so in love with my kids.  These days help our bond grow more and more!
*I forgot to add a sweet thing Gavin said.  When I loaded him in the car and gave him his new bubble set, he said, "I will share these with Macie."  He is such a sweet kid and is always thinking about others, especially his big sister.  What a proud Mommy moment!





No comments: