Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Reading Program Complete

Saturday morning, we went to the library as a family.  We went to two different locations so the kids could get more animals for their chains.  Our first library was North Park.  There, the kids got their prizes for completing the Summer Reading Program.  We also let them pick out books and movies and do a few puzzles.  Brian and I even got a few books.  The second library was West.  Once again, the kids played a bit and picked out two books each.  Brian also picked up two movies for us to watch.  He got The Help and One for the Money. We were able to watch them this weekend and both were pretty good.  I'm so glad that we did the Summer Reading Program this year and I plan to do it again next year.  So far, we have visited 6 of the 9 locations and I hope to get to the last three before summer is over.  I also plan to keep taking the kids to their story times.  The library really is an amazing resource.  There are so many books and movies and they are all free!  Lilah's been to a library once before, but she slept most of the time on Saturday.  I can't wait to take her there when she can enjoy it!




No comments: