Sunday, December 4, 2011

37 Weeks and Nesting

I'm officially 37 weeks! There have been several points in this pregnancy that I wasn't sure if I'd make it this far. It is a blessing from God that Lilah and I have been able to make it through each and every obstacle that's come our way.
I haven't been sleeping as well the last few nights. In fact, last night I kept having random dreams or thoughts that Lilah was going to be born on December 13th. Why that day, I have no idea, but it kept coming up. I guess we will have to see if that is true!
People keep asking me how I'm feeling. Well...the heartburn is back full force, I'm contracting every day, my feet/legs are swollen, and by the end of the day, my body is ready to fall apart (probably because I do way too much). Other than that life is good:)
My nesting instinct is in full force as well and I'm slowly but surely checking things off my list. Here is what we accomplished this weekend:


  • My hospital bag is packed complete with a list of last minute things that we need to grab.

  • We did a lot of extra cleaning this weekend (washing sheets/comforter, scrubbing bathrooms and kitchen floor) as well as getting back caught up on dishes and laundry.

  • We grocery shopped and stocked our cabinets and freezer. Today alone I made chili, vegetable soup, pasta bakes, and southwest chicken roll ups. We now have plenty of food for the next two weeks before I have Lilah and for when we first get home from the hospital. What a relief!

  • All Christmas presents are bought and wrapped (with the exception of two for my cousins).

  • I'm doing well on my school to do list too. I've done a lot of work today and hope to be in a good place by the end of the week. Luckily, my assistant will be the one taking over for me so that takes a lot of the pressure off. She already knows the kids and most of the routine.

Well, the countdown is on...two weeks!!

No comments: