Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting Ready for the C-Section

Sunday night, I started getting really nervous/anxious about the c-section. Neither Brian or I slept very well. Monday morning, the kids both woke up in great moods. Gavin cuddled with me in bed a bit. When we asked him who was going to be born that day he said, "Lilah". I was happy the morning with them went so smoothly. They both gave me hugs and kisses and were excited about the day. Once Brian left with them, I got a shower and finished packing my bag. I was getting more and more nervous as time went on. Brian came back to pick me up. I had to be at the hospital at 7:00.
Once we got to the hospital, we finished filling out paperwork and were taken back to our room. The room where they prepped me for surgery was the same room we came back for our one hour in recovery. I didn't do so well with the IV. I warned them. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I couldn't eat or drink anything. All of the nurses were really nice, so that helped. Once everything was done, it was time to wait. My parents and Annie were able to come back and distract us until it was show time!

Last belly pics...ever!




My dork of a husband took pictures of himself while he was waiting for them to come and get him!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your husband should be a blogger!! I read lots of blogs where the bloggers take pics of themselves in the bathroom...lol!!