Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 3

Our 3rd day in the hospital was another low key day. It helped that we had probably our best night in the hospital ever. We only sent Lilah once to the nursery for a short time because she was only up when it was time to eat. Thankfully, the feeding still was going well and she hadn't lost too much weight. My milk even came in on the 3rd day and I didn't have any trouble with it. Lilah pooped a ton the first day, but then slowed down a lot. Brian was a little worried about it, but the nurses weren't.

Both Dr. Crutcher and Dr. Voyles came in to visit and were happy with our progress. The worst part for me was the pain. This has been the most painful birth by far. The c-section is always painful, but this time the tubal and cramping during nursing have added a LOT of pain. Not to mention, my back and butt are sore from the bed and boobs were tender from my milk coming in. They kept asking me if I was doing too much, but I honestly haven't been. I hadn't left my room once and have been lucky enough to have someone here the whole time to help me. I've also been on top of my meds making sure that I get them when I'm supposed to. Around 9 last night, I just had a total meltdown. I was crying and crying and there wasn't anything I could do about it. The pain was just too much. Thankfully, I was able to get myself together and the meds helped a bit. These are the moments that I'm grateful this is my last baby!
We did have a few more visitors:



Aunt Jennifer
Libbie

Skylar


Tammy and Tanner


Dr. Crutcher


Other Day 3 Visitors: Annie, Julie, and Grandpa

A few pictures courtesy of Aunt Katie's phone...


Day 1


Day 2...the flower is as big as her head!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ahhh she does not look happy to have that flower on her head!!
Sorry your recovery has been so painful. I will be praying the pain is short lived and you will have a merry pain free Christmas!!!