Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Rest of Day 1

After the recovery room, we were wheeled into our home away from home. Ironically, Lilah and I are staying in the same room I was in when I had Gavin. We are in room 1307. Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Annie, Grammie, Pops, and Aunt Katie were there to greet us. Once everyone had a chance to hold her, most people left to eat lunch. I had a chance to feed her, eat lunch myself, and send Lilah for her bath.
We had a pink outfit laid out for her to wear, but when she came in the room, she was wearing an adorable red hat. We quickly switched gears and put on an "I love Santa" onsie and Christmas socks.
Overall, it was a good day with very few complications. Because of Lilah's size, they were worried about her blood sugar. Her levels needed to be above 45 and she had trouble keeping it up. Before every feeding, they pricked her poor little feet. The levels bounced from 32 to 60. At one point, there was talk about giving her donor milk. I wasn't a fan of that. Luckily I was able to nurse her enough and do skin to skin to get her levels up.
Lilah is a great eater! We wake her up to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and she is content in between. The only other concern was that she kept gagging and puking up fluid. It freaked us out a bit and we ended up having to send her to the nursery in between night feedings so they could keep a close eye on her.


She has hair similar to Macie

Love the hat and mittens!



No comments: