Thursday, December 15, 2011

Non Stress Test and BPP #9

Yesterday was my last day of work! I am so relieved to be done with work. I still have to finish filling in report cards (which I hope to do this weekend), but other than that, I am officially off for the next 7 weeks!

Last night, I didn't sleep well at all. I went to bed early because I was tired and not feeling well. I only slept for an hour or two at a time before I was up walking the house, moving to the couch, or going to the bathroom. Luckily, I was able to take a nap after Brian and the kids left.

This morning, I went back to Dr. Crutcher's office for another non stress test. I was once again hooked up to the monitors, but this time it was for an hour and a half! There were many "issues": Lilah wasn't moving enough, they thought I was contracting and her heart rate was dropping, Dr. Crutcher was busy, and they were afraid the equipment was faulty. They changed a few things and were in and out of the room a million times. Finally, Nusha (Dr. C's nurse) stopped in and said that they thought everything was fine, but they wanted to do a BPP to make sure.

I thought my BPP on Tuesday would be my last one, but I was wrong! This was the fastest one yet! It took no time at all for Lilah to pass. The tech left to see what Dr. Crutcher wanted to do. She finally came back in and said to go home for the weekend, rest up, and come in on Monday morning as planned.

This is the point in pregnancy where I had both Macie and Gavin. While it would be nice to go ahead and have Lilah, I know that if I wait until Monday (or at least the weekend), it will be best for Brian and my mom's schedule. They both are taking off next week. We also have a movie night scheduled with my family on Saturday night and I know the kids are looking forward to it. Only a few more days...

No comments: