Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Meeting Macie and Gavin

Besides the actual arrival of Lilah, Brian and I were super anxious and excited about introducing Lilah to Macie and Gavin. I didn't want them to come to the hospital on Monday because I was hooked up to way too many things and I didn't want to scare them. We planned on my mom bringing them on Tuesday after their nap. I bought big sister/brother shirts for them to wear and had them laid out. Macie and Gavin each picked out a gift for Lilah to bring. Lilah had gone shopping for gifts for them too! I really didn't want anyone else at the hospital when they came so that the kids wouldn't be overwhelmed or distracted. I also tried to have no expectations.

I have to say, the visit went even better than I'd hoped! Both kids were excited to be there, happy to see us, held and kissed Lilah, and weren't upset about leaving with Grandma. I think that it helped that I'd talked to the kids about it a lot before I went into the hospital. Macie was a little bit whiny/clingy, but that was to be expected. Gavin was the first to hold Lilah. He was sweet as always and kept saying, "Hi Mommy, Hi Daddy". Grandma also packed a snack for the kids to eat at the hospital. It was a little overwhelming to think that I really am a mom of 3, but I'm so glad that we had that time. They stayed for about an hour which was plenty! Macie wanted to watch me feed Lilah, but she'll have to wait until I get home!

Macie had to show Lilah her baby and taggie
First look up close

Macie noticed my band aid right away!

Our family is now complete!

Macie got Lilah a giraffe that sings

Gavin got Lilah a teething ring



Lilah got Gavin a slide Christmas book

Lilah got Macie a princess book with a necklace!

Proud big brother!



Macie wanted me to help her hold Lilah


Me and my girls





This was the exact moment when I realized that it's going to be crazy to be a mom of 3!



Gavin wanted Lilah to wear his hat

Gavin wanted another turn to hold Lilah

Giving kisses

No comments: