Thursday, December 15, 2011

The End of an Era

As my baby making/incubator days come to a close, I can't help but reflect over the last four years...

Each pregnancy has had it's ups and downs, but this one has been the most challenging by far. Here a few of the stats:
Complications (hemorrhaging, 2 vessel cord)
2 Doctors (Dr. Crutcher, Dr. Turnquest)
14 Ultrasounds
5 Rounds of Blood Work
2 Non Stress Tests
1 24 Hour Urine test
High blood pressure
Illness (Strep,Upper Respiratory Infection, Vomiting/Allergic Reaction, Bladder Infection)
Not to mention the regular pregnancy symptoms (Heartburn being the worst!)

What I will miss about being pregnant:
The pure joy I feel when I find out I'm pregnant
Feeling my baby move inside me
The cute and funny things my students say
Macie and Gavin kissing my belly
Having a reason to "take it easy" even though I don't do it enough
Eating what I want without worrying too much

What I WON'T miss about being pregnant:
The clothes...they've been well used and I'm tired of wearing the same few things
Losing complete and total control of my body
Not being able to drink (I'm not an alcoholic, but I a drink now and then is much needed people!)
My weight fluctuating so much in the last few years
The stupid comments people make

I am truly blessed to have been able to get pregnant so easily. Brian and I will be married for 4 years in a few short weeks and I've been pregnant or nursing all but 10 months of that. Talk about a strain on a marriage! But, I wouldn't change a thing. Before we got married, we decided to leave it up to God as far as children were concerned. We both knew that we wanted them and soon, but the exact number and when weren't decided. Now we have a beautiful, vibrant 3 year old, a sweet, cuddly 22 month old, and another sweet bundle we are going to meet in a few days. I am a little sad at the thought of not being able to have anymore children, however I know it is what I want and in the best interest of everyone involved. Now that this "phase" of our life is over, it is time to focus on raising the beautiful family we've created!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a beautiful post. I am so excited for you Abbie! Can't wait to meet Lilah!