Saturday, December 24, 2011

First Night/Day at Home

Lilah's first night at home didn't go so well. She seriously only had one fussy period our whole entire stay at the hospital. Let's just say that she made up for it Thursday night! Brian and I each got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep and of course it wasn't in one stretch. We were beyond frustrated! As prepared as we were for Lilah coming home, we some how forgot to get gas drops. When I had gone to get them, they were out and I never made it back. A little after 11, Brian headed to Walmart to get some. Walmart was CRAZY and it took him forever to make it back home. Gas did seem to be the problem and once we were able to give her some drops, it helped a little.

Our biggest concern was that we were going to have Macie and Gavin to deal with all day. Thankfully, the day went pretty well considering. Macie and Gavin woke up around 5, but we were able to talk Gavin into laying back down. I had Macie climb into bed with Lilah and me and made Brian sleep for an hour on the couch. It was nice to spend some time with just my girls. Once we were up for the day, Brian and I took turns napping here and there. The kids were actually pretty good.

After lunch and naps, we had several visitors. Grammie and Pops came in for a surprise. My cousin Jamie stopped by to meet Lilah. She gave me an awesome mother's necklace with the kids' birthstones on it. Eric and Anya stopped by to drop off our Christmas card and a tub of goodies. It was a little hectic, but nice to have company.

Macie and Gavin have been great with Lilah. They both hug and kiss on her without being asked to. They haven't really shown jealousy at all. They also haven't shown any negative attention towards me. They have been acting out in different ways though. Macie peed her bed every night we were in the hospital. Gavin has been talking back (No No Mommy, Grandma, Daddy) and is a little whiny. Overall, I think they are handling everything pretty well. I hope that I didn't just jinx myself!

Sisters






They were putting their fingers in her mouth like we do to soothe her... hope they were clean!

No comments: