Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Introducing Lilah Jean Mitchell

Once they took me into the operating room, it was time to face my other fear....the spinal! I actually did very well with it and in no time at all, Brian was by my side. Lilah Jean Mitchell was born Monday, December 19th at 9:27 am. She weighed a whopping 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 3/4 inches long. She is my shortest and fattest baby! When Dr. Crutcher and Nusha were pulling her out, they kept commenting about her head size and how big she was. Nusha even joked that my stomach instantly deflated. I only gained 15 pounds, so she was most of it! She came out crying and I couldn't help but cry myself. There is nothing like the sound of the first cry!

After she was born, Lilah got a 9 out of 10 on her Apgar. He feet and hands were a bit purple, but everything else looked good. Brian brought her over to see me. He actually got to sit by me holding her for a long time. With the other two, I only got to see them for a minute and they were taken into the recovery room. After she was out, it took a bit to finish everything up. Plus, the tubal added extra time. Brian went out to tell everyone the stats and I was moved to the recovery room.

I've said this every single time, but I think that going to that recovery room for an hour is my favorite part of the whole experience. I'm able to feed and hold my baby without much interruption. I did need some help to feed Lilah because I was hooked up to a million things and they wouldn't let me sit up much. After the hour was up, it was time to head to our room and greet our visitors.


Dr. Crutcher showing me Lilah for the first time


















Oh my...I look so lovely in this picture!

3 comments:

Natalie Pickerill said...

Congratulations! She is so Beautiful!

Kelly said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited for you Abbie. I was thinking about you yesterday wondering what time Lilah was coming:). She's beautiful!!! I guessed 8lbs 6 oz, so I was close..lol!!

Holly said...

Congratulations Abbie! I was thinking of you Monday and hoping everything went well. Welcome to the world Lilah!