Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

We planned to stay home for Christmas this year. Our typical holiday schedule is so packed it isn't even fun. It was nice to be in one place, but I did have a slight meltdown at night when I thought about the fact that I didn't get to go to my Grandma Wolf's house. That is my favorite Christmas tradition. Lilah is #81 on that side of the family and we all squeeze into my grandma's house. It is something you have to experience to fully understand!
Because I knew we were going to be home, I planned several things for us to do. We watched Christmas movies, had a visit from Aunt Allie (who brought us Shyler's for lunch) and Grandpa, made cookies for Santa, and sprinkled reindeer food on the front yard.
When we put Macie to bed, she was worried that Santa would come into her room. We promised her he wouldn't and even told her we would call him to tell him that. What will that girl come up with next?
After the kids were good and asleep, Brian and I got out all of the Christmas gifts. Playing Santa is so much fun! We couldn't wait until the kids got up to open their presents!



Macie loved her pants because they had candy canes on them!


Gavin loved his snowman shirt


Our Christmas Present























No comments: