Thursday, December 1, 2011

Traditions New and Old

Last year, we started the tradition of wrapping up Christmas books. The idea is to open one each night and read it. It is also a way to count down to Christmas. We decided to continue the tradition this year. We wrapped 22 books, but decided that the kids would each open one every night this year. I want to be home when we do it. Tonight was the first night that we did it and the kids were so excited.
A new tradition that we started this year was a countdown tree. I don't really know what else to call it. The kids each put a candy cane in the first pocket. Each day they will move the candy cane closer and closer to the 25th...Christmas! Some days, there may even be a treat left in the pocket!


Brian helped me out by wrapping the books. I just had WAY too much on my plate:(









No comments: